Thursday

Sports cards and Pokemon cards are too expensive. What do you do.

After May 2020, sports cards and pokemon cards have taken off. Prices becoming insanely high and are being treated like a coolmodity, like every other Covid fad. So where do you go when your hobby has been highjacked by speculators?

I don't know about you but I hit the non-sports card market. I have swept up some of my favorite sets to date, including mostly near mint - mint 1977 Star Wars complete sets 1-5 with stickers, and even had the fun of separating a 1981 Star Wars Burger King Coca Cola 36 card set which only cost me a Burger King lunch.

However, the set that impressed me the most was the 1981 Tron Topps set and stickers. They look so good in the black backed card binders.

Call this my rotation in collectible cards for the time being. I likely won't buy another sports card until Fall 2021 when things return to normal. But for now, these affordable vintage collectible non-sports cards and sets are totally cool. For you, "whatever" folks, check the prices for high grade 1977 Star Wars in PSA slabs. The market is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment